Uzuri Recordings release retrospective charity compilation
Tama Sumo & Lakuti have compiled a retrospective compilation on Lakuti’s Uzuri Recordings to raise money for the Triangle Project.
In the wake of Covid-19 and the rising cases in South Africa, both felt compelled to do something to help. The compilation, which features music from Move D Lerosa, Reekee, Stump Valley as well as remixes from Joe Clusell and Glenn Underground, is out now via Bandcamp to align with the platform waiving their fees.
The Triangle Project is a Cape Town-based non profit organization supporting LGBTQIA+ folk, particularly those on the margins of society. Launched in 1996, their mission is to contribute towards eradicating discrimination against and within the LGBTQIA+ persons. Their work includes support services, community engagement & research and advocacy & policy.
1. Stump Valley – Down the Dirt road
2. Move D – Sun Un Bateau Avec Eric (Underwater Vocals By Eric D Clark)
3. Giorgio Luceri – Universal Language
4. ReeKee (Glenn Underground remix) – Bal Era (Glenn Underground’s Desert Eagle Mix)
5. Mark Hand – All Caught Up
6. Lerosa – Fags
7. Jitterbug – Jus Drums
8. Whodat – Shut Up And dance (Tony Cak Derivative)
9. Two thou – Thousands of Chimes
10. Panama Keys – Panamarama (Joe Clausell’s Harvest Mix)