STREET FEAST NIGHT MARKET
Date: Every Friday night from 4th May – 20th July
Time: 17:00 – 00:00
Venue: SCALTER STREET CAR PARK, 91 Sclater Street, London E1 6HR
Access: Shoreditch High Street station (2 mins walk) or Liverpool St station (10 mins walk)
On the site of a former Victorian bird market off Brick Lane, Street Feast is a fully licensed outdoor night food market, resurrecting this once thriving patch of Shoreditch. Street Feast showcases eight of the capital’s leading street food traders offering a mouth-watering mix of Vietnamese, Thai, Mexican and West-Indian cuisines and a ‘Car Wash’ dining room. A lengthy bar will serve choice wine, cocktails and draught beer from leading microbrewers Camden Town Brewery, and the team behind Beach London will showcase live street art each week.
THE CAR WASH DINING ROOM – London’s first street market dining room
Set in an existing car wash bay on-site, the ‘Car Wash Dining Room’ is an opportunity to dine with friends in a food market but with guaranteed seating, real cutlery, plates (yes!) and waiting staff so all your chosen dishes can be brought to the table accompanied by drinks. Not wanting to take away the interactive draw of a market, diners can also pick up their own food from stalls and join their group in the ‘Car Wash’. Bookings to be made in advance on the website.
STREET FEAST TRADERS INCLUDE:
– BIG APPLE HOT DOGS – One man, 94-98% meat hotdogs and a cult following
– THE RIB MAN – Babyback ribs from Norfolk and Suffolk, served with BBQ and hot sauces
– THE BOWLER – Gourmet meatballs on the move with free range British meat, fish and vegballs
– MAMA’S JERK STATION – Authentic flame-grilled jerk chicken and prime pork wraps
– KIMCHI CULT – Authentic hot and sweet Korean sliders and Kimchi cheese fries
– YUM BUN – Pillow soft steamed buns with slow roasted belly pork and the highest quality ingredients
– HOMESLICE – Kiwi-run delectable wood-fired pizzas said to be ‘the best in London’
– HARDCORE PRAWN – Lovingly made Asian meat and prawn skewers, spicy soups and crab bisques
And introducing their first ever appearance in a London street market:
WAHACA’S MEXICAN STREET KITCHEN – Char-grilled steak and chicken burritos, and tacos cooked up fresh on their flaming charcoal Robata grill
In addition a guest restaurant will host a stand each week, please see the website/social media sites for more details
A street food night market is a hotbed of energy, characters, exotic aromas and most importantly flavours, add in some great drinks and the hedonism of a Friday evening and you have a unique experience in London. Street Feast is set to offer a fun and interactive post-work or pre-night out environment but most importantly offer Londoners a new public space to enjoy!