Tom Furse, The Horrors resident analogue techno enthusiast, has selected his favourite moments from the new Cavern of Anti-Matter record and edited them into a 17 minute long mini-mix. COAM is the project of former Stereolab members Tim Gane and Joe Dilworth alongside German synth wizard Holger Zapf. Void Beats/ Invocation Trex is their heady debut- Furse had the following to say about his edit of the record:
"I jumped at the chance to work with Cavern Of Anti-Matter. Tim Gane's work has been a primary influence on my music for years and COAM's new album did not disappoint - an absolute pleasure to listen to from start to finish, total aural delight. Modular patterns and first class electronics intersperse with insistent rhythms that spoke to me instantly, and I was able to condense it down to 17 minutes of non-stop energy which I hope gives you a good idea of what a brilliant album it is."
Void Beats/ Invocation Trex is released on February 19th - pre-order here. Cavern of Anti-Matter are heading out on European tour to support the release, playing the following dates:
Cavern Of Anti-Matter Tour Dates
· 25 Feb 2016 - Generiq @ le FJT des Oiseaux, Besançon, France
· 26 Feb 2016 - Generiq @ Cellier de Clairvaux, Dijon, France
· 27 Feb 2016 - Festival La Route Du Rock, St Malo, France
· 29 Feb 2016 - The Moth Club, London, UK, tickets
· 01 Mar 2016 - The Paradiso, Amsterdam. Netherlands
· 11 Mar 2016 - Kantine am Berghain, Berlin , Germany
· 3 Jun 2016 - Primavera Sound Festival, Barcelona, Spain
Enjoy this article? Want more?
You can support Ransom Note and independent journalism through our Patreon campaign now.
Become a friend of Ransom Note