Playlist: Music To Cut Hair To with Jon Kahuna
A trip to About This Place hair studios is rarely just purely functional..
Hairdressers can often end up being confidante’s. It’s all about the setting too, so is there more annoying than bad music? it’s unacceptable. Bad music is only an interruption of what we believe the salon atmosphere should be. This why ‘Music to cut hair to’ was created.
Here at the ATP Studios, headed by the Hair Mistress aka Victoria Saunders has perfected that blend. She cuts the hair of half the DJs in London and many of the people in the background of this wonderful industry. The reason they keep coming back, aside from a damn fine cut, is the fact the music is spot on – hence being asked by R$N to compile a feature for them.
Music To Cut Hair To, a selection of some great music played in the salon alongside some appearances from friends…
“This months playlist is from the wonderful Mr Jon Kahuna..professional name. I’ve always been a fan and he was definitely worth the wait. IT”S SMOKIN! Grateful our friendship have been proved through the love of music and stood the test of time. Glad you can still feed me fantastic tunes Mr Kahuna. I salute you and worship your selection for me.”
1. When were you at your happiest?
2. What’s your greatest fear?
That our world is not a simulation.
3. Who do you admire?
4. What trait do you deplore in yourself/ other people?
5. What’s your worst habit?
6. Favourite word?
7. Who would you like to say sorry to?
Everyone in the music industry i’ve ever pissed off.
8. Who do you despise?
9. Who or what is the love of your life?
10. What would improve your life?
I have everything I need.
11. Worst job you have ever done?
Any DIY i’ve ever attempted.
12. What’s your greatest achievement?
Finishing the gig after being spiked by Primal Scream.
13. What keeps you awake at night?
14. How would you like to be remembered?
For my generous nature and excellent taste in shoes.
15. What lessons has life taught you?
Be kind to everyone, always.
16. What would your super power be?
Inter-dimensional travel. .
17. Favourite smell?
18. Who would play you in a film?
19. What song would you like played at your funeral?
As my coffin comes through the doors I want the theme from Rocky to start up.
20. Top tip?
The one who understands when and where he has to fight will prevail. (Sun Tzu)
21.Tell us a secret…
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. (Bill Hicks)