The influential label has unveiled a new release in the form of fourteen tracks described as a "the first volume in a series of releases that seeks to explore the connections, overlaps, roots and the future of music that’s variously referred to as ambient, deep listening, new age and post classical."
The label has invited an exciting array of producers to appear as part of the compilation with tracks having been contributed by the likes of Private Agenda, Andras, India Jordan, Jon Tye & Ulrich Schnauss, D.K, Seahawks and more.
Gavin O’Shea and Jon Tye are the founders of Lo Recordings, an imprint which has played an important role in the development of experimental and electronic music in the UK having released music by the likes of Aphex Twin, Susumu Yokota, Luke Vibert, Blur, Thurston Moore and Squarepusher and more.
A quote from the label on the new release stands as follows:
“Spaciousness is about nurturing our inner spaces, and enhancing our outside spaces, not by focusing on genres, but opening them out. This is about redefining the past, and co-creating the future”.
A full tracklist can be seen below:
01. Abul Mogard - ‘Flecks Of Endless Spaces’
02. Matthewdavid’s Mindflight - ‘Ode To Flora’
03. Private Agenda - ‘Ultramarine’
04. Cathy Lucas - ‘Chatterscope’
05. MJ Lallo - ‘Birth Of A Star Child’
06. Jon Tye & Ulrich Schnauss - ‘Orange Cascade’
07. India Jordan - ‘Rest’
08. Blackwater - ‘Woodstock’
09. Susumu Yokota - ‘Wave Drops’ (D.K. Remix)
10. Seahawkes & Laraaji - ‘Space Bubbles’
11. Andras - ‘If You Can’t Understand This Plaque, How Could An Alien’
12. Teleplasmiste - ‘Song For Ingo Swann’
13. Yamaneko - ‘Lost Winters Hiding’
14. Carlos Niño & Lasos - ‘Going Home’
Visit the Lo Recordings website HERE.