Shanti Celeste, Machine Woman & Yazzuz lead production workshops hosted by Rhythm Sister and Ableton
London-based collective and community Rhythm Sister have partnered with Ableton to host a series of online production courses led by some of the industry’s leading artists.
A 5-session beginners course will be hosted by certified Ableton trainer Mel Uye-Parker and the four guest masterclasses, open to participants of all levels, will be led by Shanti Celeste, Machine Woman, Yazzus and a special guest, who is yet to be announced.
As always with Rhythm Sister workshops, the classes are open to women, non binary and trans people, and will run from October to December 2020.
A free taster session will take place with Mel Uye-Parker on 8th October, and the following 5 beginner production sessions will cost £35, including Ableton’s Live Intro Software. Spaces are limited to 20 people.
The four 90-minute masterclasses will cover topics ranging from how to get into the music industry to how to sample a drum pad, and are free for anyone to attend but limited to 500 participants.
Beginner’s Production Course
– 8th Oct: FREE Taster Session with Mel Uye-Parker
– 15th Oct / 29th Oct / 12th Nov / 26th Nov / 10th Dec: 5-session Beginner’s Production Course with Ableton’s Mel Uye-Parker.
Masterclasses: All Levels
– 22nd Oct: Yazzus – Remix theory and how to make the ultimate bootleg/edit
– 5th Nov – Shanti Celeste: How to sample a drum pad
– 19th Nov: TBA (special guest)
– 3rd Dec: Machine Woman – How to get into the music industry
Sign up for the course and masterclasses HERE. Successful applicants will be notified 11th October.