Playlist: Music To Cut Hair To with Victoria Saunders
The head honcho herself steps up.
Hairdressers can often end up being confidantes, but it is all about the setting too.
Is there anything more annoying than bad music? So that is why ‘Music to cut hair to’ was created.
Here at the ATP Studios, headed Victoria Saunders, she cuts the hair of many of the people associated with this wonderful industry – hence being asked by R$N to compile a feature for them. Music To Cut Hair To, a selection of some great music compiled by great friends…
“This month’s playlist and Q&A are from ME. Slight change of plan..but tbh it’s what I’m good at. I normally am to be found ‘ backstage” of most places, things, life but today you have a smidging of an insight into ME. I decided to put out my first ever playlist for Amateurism Radio. I was SO NERVOUS, specially with my fave people in the mix too. Lordy. I’m so grateful for the friendship that has followed. They never let go of my hand, even though the toughest times. I want to say thank you my ATP team, AmRad team, my friends and my close family. I know what a lucky girl I am.”
1. When were you at your happiest?
Summer 2006. Best summer ever.
2. What’s your greatest fear?
That I may not dance again.
3. Who do you admire?
4. What trait do you deplore in yourself/ other people?
I’m shit at finding love/ hate rude people
5. What’s your worst habit?
My taste in men
6. Favourite word?
7. Who would you like to say sorry to?
Rather say thank you than sorry
8. Who do you despise?
The Government. It’s outdated
9. Who or what is the love of your life?
Benny my dog obvs
10. What would improve your life?
Winning the Euro Millions because then I could take care of things that matter to me
11. Worst job you have ever done?
Getting rid of an energy drink in Ibiza. Tbh it was funny as well as bad
12. What’s your greatest achievement?
Keeping my head together
13. What keeps you awake at night?
Thoughts and thoughts..
14. How would you like to be remembered?
15. What lessons has life taught you?
I wish I hadn’t been so hard on myself
16. What would your super power be?
I’m gonna nick this from Kerry Jean Lister…to heal.
17. Favourite smell?
Vanilj by Maya Njie
18. Who would play you in a film?
David Jason aka Del Boy
19. What song would you like played at your funeral?
I have already the 3 I want: Don’t Fight it Feel it, Getting away with it, La Riturnelle
20. Top tip?
Like yourself. It saves a lot of time..
21.Tell us a secret…
I have included my first ever Amateurism Radio playlist. They have held my hand when I most needed it and I’m forever grateful.