Correspondant Records announce their 8th annual compilation, celebrating the end of a year we're all happy to see the back of.
Label boss Jennifer Cardini has enlisted old friends and new faces to provide a sonic silver lining to the craziness of 2020. Coming in at a whopping 18 tracks the compilation is packed with the various strains we've come to associate with the label: driving synth excursions, cosmic funk, slo-mo and sleazy techno.
Veteran label mates include DC Salas, The Juan MacLean, TERR and Man Power, who opens proceedings with a hypnotic, atmospheric number, while debut appearances come from Captain Mustache, Mala Ika, Franz Scala, INVŌKER who closes us out with an emotional breakbeat cut.
A window into the past, present and future of the label, Correspondant wave good bye to a year of carnage and set us up suitably to march into 2021 with our spirits high.
1. Man Power "Causal Loop”
2. Juan MacLean “Disco Stallion”
3. Seven Knives “Perekos”
4. DC Salas “As Slow As You Can Go”
5. Sweetenergy "Insect Dance” (V Remix)
6. Johannes Klingebiel & Julian Stetter “Chant”
7. Musumeci “Final Lap”
8. Franz Scala “Grauzone” (Extended Version)
9. Jarle Bråthen feat. Hard Ton "Master of Disguise" (Rodion Megatron Mix)
10. Mala ika “Störung”
11. Psycho Weazel “Lucretia”
12. Captain Mustache “Black Light”
13. TERR “Welcome Rain”
14. Zakmina "Infinity Love”
15. Damon Jee & Darlyn Vlys “Sin City”
16. Marching Machines “Chain”
17. Peter Invasion & Gregor Habicht “RaptorX" (LEJ Version)
18. INVŌKER " Let The World Heal”
Enjoy this article? Want more?
You can support Ransom Note and independent journalism through our Patreon campaign now.
Become a friend of Ransom Note