The two labels have teamed up to release a compilation made up of material recorded between 1981 and 1993 with the predominant focus being placed on electronic and experimental music recorded in Switzerland during this time period. The record features a number of highly sought after rarities which showcase some of the country's very best in new wave, pop and balearic created during this time. Many of the tracks featured on the packaged are acclaimed and very much in demand fetching a high price online.
The release is described as follows:
"The compilation covers a period of transition: When songs mutated into sounds. When synthesizers and samplers became the règle du jeu in DIY music-making. When a politicized youth movement slowly gave way to the hedonistic embrace of techno culture in Switzerland. Intenta mines the outer fringes of a scene yet to be. Many of these experimenters were pretty much on their own. Often the only way you would get in touch was at the local synth dealer."
A full tracklist can be found below:
1. Andreas Hofer - Untitled
2. Claudine Chirac - Etudes
3. Sky Bird - Pasolini's Trembling
4. Fizzè - Kulu Hatha Mamnua
5. Bells of Kyoto - Swiss Air
6. Elephant Château - Dreamings
7. Dressed Up Animals - Mondtanz
8. Peter Philippe Weiss - Subway (Intenta Version)
9. D-Sire - Wintertime
10. Air Project - Rap Yourself
11. Jean-Pierre Huser - Chinatown
12. Olivier Rogg - GE/CH: Seq
13. Carol Rich - Computered Love
14. Carlos Perón - Her Heäd Is Bräkin Intu Foör (Primal Version)
15. UnknownmiX - Django
16. Aborted At Line 6 - Mammut (Extended Version)
17. I Suonatori - Matrosen
Pre order HERE.
Enjoy this article? Want more?
You can support Ransom Note and independent journalism through our Patreon campaign now.
Become a friend of Ransom Note