End of years a go go... Top 10 straight to box set DVDs. Top 1000 digital deep house labels. Etc. We've decided to go for Top 8 Whatevers. The Top 8 things of the year - be them bacon sandwiches; the top 8 times you stubbed your toe against the f*cking boxes full of useless sh*t your girlfriend insists on leaving in the hallway; and so on and so forth. Each week until the new year, we'll be publishing the Top 8s of the various R$N scribes.
Something a bit special from the phenomenon of 2013 - in our eyes anyway - The Fox.
"Here's my top 8" said the fox:
1. Being pimped out as DJ currency for the darling of R&S, Space Dimension Controller.
2. Becoming a Russian celebrity, with paparazzi fighting to gain entrance to my first press conference.
3. Doing a parachute jump at 4,000 metres, and minus 8 degrees.
4. Incurring the wrath of the Communists.
5. Attracting the attention of some rather foxy air hostesses, and then at the end of the flight, being called in to the cockpit by the captain.
6. Appearing in a Moscow DJ booth, behind a dwarf, perched on a bass bin, holding a rifle.
7. Becoming the first fox to ever drive a St Petersburg tram.
8. Having a higher reading age than a human being.