It's time to get odd. Real odd.
Your Planet Is Next has been a firm favourite amidst the Ransom Note office since he decided that it would be a good idea to reimagine Cher's 'Believe'.
Since 2014 he has been steadily realeasing abstract house, techno and experimental music without taking himself too seriously. His taste is exceptional and each release has seen his production process evolve in style and stature. Appearances on the likes of Klasse Wrecks and Studio Barnhus have helped stabilize a career in the strange and his music works as well on the dancefloor as it does in the headphones on a long walk home. We originally asked him to record an abstract, weirdo mix as part of our Monday series but as ever things escalated and this is what popped out the other side of the machine.
We're glad it did...
Listen and read the interview below:
Who are you, where are you and what are you?
- I am Your Planet Is Next, I’m in Bredäng and I’m a musical popstar.
What does your music sound like? Can you draw what you think it sounds like for us (an image from the old internet is acceptable)?
Where was the mix recorded?
- In Doc Jay’s apartment.
What would be the ideal setting to listen to the mix?
- If you are a real DJ, you can put it on a USB and play it at a cool party and pretend it's your own mix, that would be ideal.
What should we be wearing?
- Rescue blankets
Which track in the mix is your current favourite?
- All of them.. maybe for the moment it's the brand new one from Laguna Ladies - Laguna Style !
What was your first DJ set up at home and what is it now?
- I used to have a portable record player at home but it broke about a year ago so now I have nothing. So I can only play records when I’m at a club or at a more organized persons house. Totally professional.
What were the first and last records you bought?
- the first was Michael Jackson - Dangerous, on cassette tape, the last was Suburban Knight – The Groove.
If it was an animal what would it be?
- My dog Ghosty, when she’s out n’about. She actually made a cassette tape a few years ago called ”Ghosty - Just Squeaking” , it’s just a 707 kickdrum and her chewing on a squeaky tennisball for 15 minutes. I’ll show you a picture of it but it’s very rare so don’t expect to find it..
One record in your collection that is impossible to mix into anything?
-No they can all be mixed.
Upcoming in the world of…
- I’m working on a new YPIN album that will be on Studio Barnhus in the near future. Also working on a bunch of other projects and collaborations, some of them are featured in this mix.. And check out the new album at Mixed Up!
Anything else we need to discuss?
- Yes, let's discuss that this is more of a ”showcase” mix of some upcoming and unreleased tracks (and a few released ones) from me and friends . I’m very proud to have these talented people around me, it’s kind of crazy now when I think about it. Big hugs and kisses to everyone in the mix and also to anyone reading this :•) <3
Follow Your Planet Is Next on Facebook HERE.