Møzaika: The Wednesday Alternative Mix
Towards the tail end of last year we were greeted by two sun kissed, elegant EP's from a fresh faced producer operating under the moniker of Møzaika. Based in Berlin, a dj and producer, he has released music on the likes of Public Possession and No Bad Days, two labels of which we are firm fans. His sound draws upon a balearic legacy left behind by those who came before, beautiful pads are layered and structured alongside gracious melodies whilst the steady of rumble of drums flutters beneath. It's very easy to see why his music has been championed the way in which it has.
As a dj he draws for percussive floor fillers, eclectic italo and the downright abstract. Not one to take himself too seriously his music is purpose built for dancing and this mix will have you doing just that.
Listen and read the interview below:
Who are you, where are you and what are you?
– I play & produce music for dance, to sit, relax, or swim, I’m on my couch now and I’m a dreamer
What does your music sound like?
– Someone described my last EP as „post-peruvian proto rhythms”
Where was the mix recorded?
– Few weeks ago in the North of the Netherlands.
What would be the ideal setting to listen to the mix?
– In the Land Rover on the way to the closest lake outside a town.
What should we be wearing?
What would be your dream setting to record a mix: Location/system/format?
– At Kebab shop with the shittest equipment and soundsystem you can have.
What’s your favourite recorded mix of all time?
What’s more important, the track you start on or the track you end on?
What were the first and last records you bought?
– If I can remember first was Pepe Bradock – Un Pépé En Or Vol. 1, last – Nina Hagen – African Reggae Remix '93
If this mix was an edible thing, what would it taste like?
– Something really, really salty.
If it was an animal what would it be?
Upcoming in the world of…
– Slowly movin on…